Sunday, July 24, 2011

Blog Feature Sunday - Get to know Kayla @ My Bella Baby

Click HERE to enter My Bella Baby!

Please tell us a little bit about yourself.

- I am a wife to an amazing and supportive husband. We've been blessed with a beautiful daughter, Eliana, now 4 months old. I love the simple things in life, like spending time in nature with my little family.

Congrats on baby Eliana! :) Baby girls are so much fun.


Name three words to describe yourself.

- Wife, Momma, Child of God (sorry, more than 3)


Name three words to describe your Etsy shop.

- Stylish, Boutique, Affordable

How long have you been creating? How long have you been selling on Etsy, and what made you take the plunge to sell to others? 

-I actually didn't know how to sew 3 years ago. I taught myself and eventually began to love sewing for babies! I started my Etsy shop in September of 2010 because I felt like my products would make great gifts for new moms and sweet babies.

That is awesome! I also love sewing, it is so fun! I also think it is a lot easier than people think. You shouldn't be intimidated by the sewing machine. :)

Tell me a little bit about your creative process? 

-Well, I try to have some organization, but having a 4 month old makes that hard sometimes. I usually try to have all of my fabric cut and ready to sew so things go smoothly, but some days I do both, cutting and sewing.

Can we see your work space? 

-At the moment my work space is my dining room table (which I'm embarassed to admit), but I had to move it there so I can work at night while my baby is sleeping. Life revolves around her, you know!

I work at my dining room table too, actually, my dining room IS my "Craft Room". ;)


What are your other passions?

-I love photography. There's nothing like capturing the perfect moment with a picture.

What are your two favorite items from your shop, and why?

-Hmm. Probably my Little Washies because they are unique, a creation of my own. Also, my baby shoes because every baby needs some cuteness on their feet!

I have to chime in here, the Washies are genius, I love the sets that I have! And all my Anastasia wears are My Bella Baby shoes, they are SO cute and well made.

What are some of your favorite Etsy shops?

-Oh, I have so many! I love Little Nurslings, The Sunshine Stitch, Little Sapling Toys, Hope Ink...I could go on forever!


Those look like some great shops, I can't wait to look over them more!

Lastly, what is some advice that you would offer to those interested in starting their own Etsy shop? 

-Be passionate about what you do, take great photos, write thorough descriptions and be patient. Sometimes sales don't come right away. Try to connect with other sellers. It's great to meet new people and be inspired by others.

That is good solid advice.


Now it is my favorite part, I am going to share a few of my favorite things from Kayla's shop! :)

This onesie is SUPER cute!


I love these little corduroy shoes, we actually own a pair! ;)





Kayla, thanks so much for stopping by! I loved getting to know more about you, and My Bella Baby! I know you're busy with the new little one, so I appreciate you taking the time for this feature.


Thank you for the generous gift certificate to the Mega Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Little Note