Sunday, July 31, 2011

Blog Feature Sunday - Get to know Emily @ The Crafty Geek

Click HERE to enter TheCraftyGeek!

Please tell us a little bit about yourself.

-My name is Emily and I am a Legal Administrative Assistant by day and a crafter at night. I make decorative tiles, glasses, picture frames, car decals, and many other things. I also like to read, watch movies, shop, and scrapbook.

Name three words to describe yourself.

-Quiet, optimistic, and creative.

Name three words to describe your Etsy shop.

-Modern, assorted, and goofy.

 How long have you been creating? How long have you been selling on Etsy, and what made you take the plunge to sell to others?

-I've been crafting since I was little. I've been selling on Etsy since July 2010. Ever since I was little I have been making items to sell to others. I finally decided last summer to take the plunge though and to join the Etsy Community after seeing how much it has helped others grow their business.

What are your other passions?

-I also like to scrapbook, make jewelry, and learn new crafts. I just started getting into repurposing items for new uses.

What are your two favorite items from your shop, and why?

-My zombie coasters and my "my stache" money jar. My zombie coasters were a custom order that someone ordered for a friend who recently got married and the couple really liked zombies. I just loved making them because they came out so cute and fun and the couple loved them as well! My mustache jar is one of my favorites because it's such a fun item!


My husband loves anything "zombie", I know he would love those!

What are some of your favorite Etsy shops?

-Some of my favorite shops include RBK Creations, they have the prettiest button and felt bouquets for weddings and just every day use! I like them because it is something unique and that you don't see every day. I also like Phenome Gnome, I love gnomes and she makes the coolest ones ever!

Those Gnomes are SO cute, I too love them.

Lastly, what is some advice that you would offer to those interested in starting their own Etsy shop?

-Owning your own Etsy shop and being successful takes a lot of time and effort but what you put into it, is what you will get out of it.


Now it is my favorite part, I am going to share a few of my favorite things from Emily's shop! :)

I love Owls, and these coasters are really cute.

These decorative tiles would make a great housewarming gift!

Thanks so much for your time, Emily! I have really liked getting to know the "face" behind the business! I really love your creations, and can't wait to get my order!

Thank you for the tile donation to the Mega Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Little Note