Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blog Feature - Get to know Susan @ Nest of Many Colors





Click HERE to enter Nest of Many Colors!


Please tell us a little bit about yourself.

-I am Susan! I am a SAHM to Evie (3.5 going on 15), JG (2.5), and Anastasia (1 year old). I have been married for almost 4 years, and my husband Jon is seriously one amazing man. I enjoy reading, singing, writing, spending time with my kids, movies, and being around/in water!



Name three words to describe yourself.


-Talkative, Fun, Passionate


Name three words to describe your shop.


-Colorful, Trendy, Affordable


How long have you been creating? How long have you been selling your product, and what made you take the plunge to sell to others?


-I would like to think that I have ALWAYS been crafty! When I was younger I was constantly creating..I remember having a Pottery Wheel and making bowls for my Mom; making friendship bracelets for ALL of my friends; stamping and card making; and then later in high school I began sewing.

Hair accessories came much later, and I didn't open up shop on Etsy until October 2010. It started with Bow Holders that I made for my own girls, and has just progressed from there! I decided to take the step to sell to others when friends and family enocuraged me after seeing what I was creating. I owe it all to my friends and family. <3


Tell me a little bit about your creative process?


-It is all over the place, kind of like me! I get random ideas in my head all the time, and then when the time comes for me to sit down I just choose a few fabrics, colors, etc and see where it takes me! There is no rhyme or reason to HOW I create, all I know is that I LOVE doing it.

Can we see your work space?


-Yikes! Sure, I can let you see my "work space", it consists basically of my dining room! I tend to over take the house with my craft stuff. Usually I sew and package in my dining room, and I craft in front of the tv! LOL

What are your other passions?


-Animals! They have a huge chunk of my heart. It is my dream to one day open up a Non Profit Animal Rescue. But for now, I donate ONE can of dog/cat food to a local shelter for each order that I get. It is the one way that I can definitely give back right now.

I am also passionate about decisions regarding my children, party planning, and family. I am pretty opinionated, so I am sticking to my short list! :P


What are your two favorite items from your shop, and why?


 I love these flowers because they are SO life-like! They actually look like they have been freshly picked and put in your hair. :)





I also love the clips! They are small, classy, and perfect for gals of ANY age!


What are some of your favorite shops?

-Seriously, I see how hard it is on this end!! Here are just a few:


LivJewellery - Her pieces are amazing, and her pictures are just facinating.


Olivia Clare Designs - My husband bought me some earrings from this shop last Christmas, and they are one of my very favorite pairs. Her shop is so my style.



Just Liv - I adore her flower crown headbands, they are so intricate.


ZoBo's - I love all of her dresses. The Nursery Rhyme dress that A wore for her first birthday party came from this amazing shop.


Lastly, what is some advice that you would offer to those interested in starting their own shop?

- Don't ever give up! There will be slow days..weeks, maybe even slow months! But just keep doing what you love, that is what is important. Never stop trying to better your business/brand, that is what makes companies successful; because they continually want to better their products for their customers.

Thanks so much for letting me share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Little Note