Sunday, September 4, 2011

Blog Feature Sunday - Get to know Denise @ Momma Fix

Click HERE to enter Momma Fix's shop!


Please tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am a wife of 14 years and mother of two boys and grew up in Alaska. I love traveling, the beach, shopping, party planning and spending time with friends and family.


Name three words to describe yourself.
Loyal, Passionate, Balanced

Name three words to describe your shop.
Savvy, Fair trade, Fresh

I would agree with all of those words! I love how different your shop is!


How long have you been creating? How long have you been selling your product, and what made you take the plunge to sell to others? 

I have been creating my entire life~ I don't feel balanced unless I am creating on a weekly basis. I started sewing my slings 7 years ago. I found that people were drawn to my fabric choices and were looking for a well made functional products.


Tell me a little bit about your creative process?

It really starts with getting inspiration from my surroundings and through magazines. I love pulling ideas from decorating magazines. I either star by looking at fabrics I already own and getting ideas on what I want to create or start with the product that I will create and move to the fabrics. It depends on my mood. Then I make a sample and tweak it until I love it and end up making tons of them in the same week.

What are your other passions?

My kids, exercising, reading, socializing, and eating yummy food.

What are your two favorite items from your shop, and why?

My new shrugs because they the fabrics are stunning and they are so versatile being reversible. I also love our pocket tunics. The pockets are functional and the fabrics funky.

What are some of your favorite shops? Tom Kat Studio, Baronyka, The Little Fox, Color bee, noahandlilah.

Lastly, what is some advice that you would offer to those interested in starting their own shop? Have fun and you have to love what you do. It is hard work and you have to do a little bit everyday otherwise your shop will lack interest or attention.

Now onto one of my favorite parts of the interview...let's take a look at some of the items from Denise's shop that are on MY wishlist!

I think that this Green Top is SO adorable! What a pretty color of Green, too!

I love the classic lines and simple print of this dress.

And just in case you don't have sweet girls to rock Denise's clothes, she also makes awesome, OOAK toys!! Take a look here!



Denise, we so appreciate you taking your valuable time to spend with us today! I have loved getting to know more about you and Momma Fix!


Thanks for your generous donation to our give away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Little Note