Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins

Recipe time! I usually don't really share many recipes, because I usually make the same things over and OVER...but I am going to make it my goal to share one new recipe/week!
These Muffins are one of my very favorite things, and I have tweaked them to the exact way that we like them! I used Mini Muffin pans (You can get one for pretty cheap, find one  here!)

I think that everything tastes better when it is Mini-sized! Sliders, Muffins, Cupcakes, etc.

Let's get to it, shall we?

Ingredients

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
1 cup milk
1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Don't you love my Flour bag?!


Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line Muffin Pan w/ liners or butter spray. (I used the later)


Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Flour, baking soda, baking powder, & cocoa powder shown.

Brown sugar (I use Light), and White sugar going in!
Add 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips and lightly mix the batter. I only use Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate, but whatever is your favorite should be fine! Or even try the Mini Chips, now that would be cute. ;)

Add your milk, vegetable oil, egg, and Vanilla extract to a separate mixing bowl and wisk well.




 Mix your wet ingredients with the dry, and ALWAYS remember that a somewhat lumpy mixture makes the BEST muffins! You do not want a really smooth consistancy.
Remember the left over 1/4 cup of Chips?! Well, sprinkle those bad boys on TOP of the Muffins once you get them scooped into the Muffin pan.






Like so! Those are the best fresh out of the oven, because the Chips on top are soft and gooey!
Why, hello there, good lookin'.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Little Note